Ever since the Covid-19 hassle that was created, people started stocking up soaps, handwashes and also, sanitizer. The departmental stores and pharmacies all have gone short of the sanitizer. Even the manufacturers have failed to keep up with the stock that is required by the large population. However, sanitizer can be really helpful amidst the Covid-19 trauma as it has been proven to kill the virus. Many countries have also imposed a lockdown so going to buy one may not be possible. So, However, washing hands are preferred over using a sanitizer. Lets make your own hand sanitizer which is very easy.
Make your own hand sanitizer:
Creating a hand sanitizer at home is not a very good idea for it is something that needs professional expertise and also, chemical and resources which are not available at home. Sanitizer should be made at home only in a case where even washing hands are not possible. If one can wash hands, they should do so over using a sanitizer. Kids should totally avoid, using the handmade sanitizer as it can react on their sensitive skin.
There are only a few ingredients required to make sanitizer. The following are:
- Aloe Vera gel – Aloe Vera gel is a great source of moisture. It stops the skin from drying out. It also can heal the cracks in the skin. Cracks could lead to additional infection which could be harmful using something that soothes and keeps the skin nourished and moisturized is very important.
- Isopropyl or rubbing alcohol or ethanol (99 percent alcohol volume)- This is the most important ingredient required to make a sanitizer. It is a chemical compound which is highly inflammable but at the same time an ingredient very important to treat the Covid-19.
- Lavender oil/ Essential oil – This is optional and only for fragrance.
The process is:
- All the things that are being used should be cleaned properly.
- Mix the alcohol to aloe vera gel in the proportion of 2:1 in a bowl.
- Mix it with a whisk or spoon till its diluted.
- Add the lavender oil if needed.
- Put the mixture in a funnel, spray bottle or a liquid soap container.